Monday, April 13, 2020

Somewhere

Somewhere:

For this project we were to seamlessly insert ourselves into a setting from a favorite movie, show, or historical event. To accomplish this task, I player around with masks and layers specific to lighting and coloring.

When deciding what image of myself to use, I analyzed the other characters in the image. I thought it was important to maintain consistency with the hat look as well as having my eyes looking at the camera. I masked myself into the background and used tools like the stamp tool and blur tool to fill in the affected background. I found it easy to replicate the stone wall because it was a fairly basic design. The couch was a little harder to redesign because of the elaborate design on the blanket.

In terms of lighting, I found that my original image of myself was much darker. I messed around with the brightness and contrast to readjust to fit the new background.

I also had to consider shadows that were already established. I created a realistic shadow from my body and had to slightly adjust the shadow from the character to my right.

Through the use of masking and layering I inserted myself into an image from a favorite tv show. I needed to consider attire, colors, brightness, and shadows when forming this image.


Inspirations:



Somewhere:


Hours worked on: 2

2 comments:

  1. I think you did a really good job with this project by posing in the correct position so the viewer really believes you are sitting on the same couch as the cast surrounding you. The only advice I would give you would be to adjust the lighting of yourself to be a little bit lighter so you don't stand out as much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Logan. I experiment with the lighting a lot and although I feel I could've improved that aspect, I think the shading turned out well.

    ReplyDelete