Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Autoscopy

For this autoscopy project I was tasked with taking a photo of myself and transforming it into something I never knew of myself. For this assignment, I wanted to create an image of opposites and mystery.

I used the hue/saturation filter to add a layer of red to about half of the image. I used the quick selection to select areas like clothing, skin, or objects. For my filter variations, I decided to contrast clothing with the body and espresso cup.

To add an element of mystery and a serious tone I modified the background with various masks. I added Venetian blinds to give a film noir mood and used that inspiration when masking the typeface "STAY INSIDE".

This fantasy scene can be interpreted in many ways in today's times. It is important to note the typeface as it has been one of the government's suggestions during this outbreak.

Original:


Inspirations:



Autoscopy: 




Hours worked on: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment